Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dollish Polish - Starlite

Hey guys,

Storytime, so Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer was a movie I rented endlessly as a little girl. I LOVED the magical horses who ran on rainbows and clouds. Fast forward about 10 years when my cousin and I decided to revisit our 5 year old selves and rent the movie. The conversation on the phone with the guy at Jumbo Video went like this:
Jess: Do you guys have Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer?
Guy: Ummm let me check.... Yeah.
Jess: Is it in?
Guy: Yeah?
Jess: Can we put it on hold?
Guy: Trust me, it'll still be here.

So I think we got someone to pick it up for us, then went about watching the movie. Well about 30 minutes in this happened.

Me: Wow, Starlite is kind of an asshole.
Jess: Was this really the movie we were so obsessed with??

I still laugh when I think about that, of course I do now have the movie on DVD and appreciate it for what it is: childhood memories. 

Anyways when I saw that DP was making a Rainbow Brite set, I knew I had to have the Starlite inspired polish! Even though he's kind of a pompous ass as far as rainbow running horses are concerned. I only grabbed the mini of this polish so instead of just trying to build it up I layered it over white to conserve polish.
This is two coats over white. The patchiness on my thumb is from the white base I used.

This is
Dollish Polish - Starlite





No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I may not reply I read EVERY comment!