Friday, July 4, 2014

Formula X - Erase & Quench

Hey guys,

So I have some exciting news coming down the pipe for Addicted to Lacquer! Starting this weekend we will finally have a Facebook page! (Click here to visit and Like us!)  AND shortly here (please bear with me as I work out the kinks) we will now be www.addicted-to-lacquer.com exciting! This probably isn't nearly as exciting for you guys as it is for me. I'm nerding out over here.

Today I have something a bit different. So I placed a Sephora order a couple weeks ago and they had a "Manicure Sample" promotion type thing that included a few manicure type samples. One of them was their Formula X cuticle remover "Erase" and their cuticle oil "Quench" So I thought I would test them out since I am HORRIBLE for never using samples. Here we go!


So here were my nails/cuticles/nail beds to start.

So I must say it kind of weirds me out how it talks about needing to stay out of the sun and may increase risk of sunburn.

So I followed the instructions and massaged it into my cuticles then used my cuticle pusher to push them back.

I have to say I didn't notice a whole heck of difference.


Next step was the cuticle oil, seems like your average cuticle oil here, it smelled nice but didn't seem too special or fast absorbing or anything too special.

This was the after.

Honestly I don't know how I feel about this, I'll say straight up that I don't ever see myself spending $17 on cuticle oil seeing as I likely already have enough to last me years. And as far as the cuticle remover goes? I am on the fence I may use it if I had it but am I likely to go out and buy it? Probably not.
What are your guys' thoughts. Do you use a cuticle remover?

2 comments:

  1. I dunno, cuticle removers always freak me out a bit :/ Congrats on the .com btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried anything like this!

    Oh cool news :-)

    ReplyDelete

Even though I may not reply I read EVERY comment!