Thursday, August 7, 2014

Dollish Polish - The Deathly Hallows

Hey guys,

Well I've officially had to chop down my nails because of the crack in my index finger. I just couldn't keep swatching over the patch which I had to redo. That being said it should work out perfectly because this way they can have some time to grow while I'm on vacation and I won't be able to swatch anyways.

Today I have the Harry Potter polish to show you guys, like the GoT polish this isn't the only Harry Potter inspired polish Dolly has made, the first being Expecto Patronum. Honestly I really liked the idea and the look behind this glitter topper. my problem with this was the INSANE shrinkage I had with this. I didn't even use a quick dry top coat because I used a coat of glitter food, I have no clue what part of the equation made this shrink so badly. I literally had a half centimeter of shrinkage from my nail bed when I woke up in the morning. You can already see the shrinkage in the photos beginning.

Inspired by the deathly hallows symbol itself, this glitter topper has silver holographic bars, representing the elder wand, silver triangles,representing the invisibility cloak, and silver doughnut glitters representing the resurrection stone, all floating in a sea of holo goodness!

This is two dabbed coats (I had to do some fishing for the doughnuts) as a glitter topper.

This is
Dollish Polish - The Deathly Hallows
over OPI - I Sing In Color




1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazing glitter - it really has a lot going on :-)

    ReplyDelete

Even though I may not reply I read EVERY comment!