Friday, February 28, 2014

February Julep Maven Box

Hey guys,

So I have to confess, I may have upgraded my Julep Maven box again this month. Well that makes it sound like I do it all the time and that isn't the truth. I really love though now how you have the option to upgrade and get only the polishes, so if you don't want the product you can just get all the polish for a bit cheaper.

You'll notice that my thumb nail is wonky and short in most of the pictures. Yep that was the decimation of my thumb nail.

This month's collection is called Dramatic.

Click for more after the jump.

Judi
 English violet crème
Okay so this purple is beautiful, a bit on the jelly side, but it built up nicely.
This is three coats WITHOUT a topcoat. Seriously how shiny is this?!




Cameron
 Silver lilac stardust
I don't know why Julep felt the need to change the name of their Textured polish from Sea Salt to Stardust. Maybe Sea Salt seemed to summery? Who knows.
 Anyways, I love how there are larger lilac glitters in this polish, also this could totally pass as a one coater. I did two coats for the pictures.




Octavia
 Smoky indigo crème
This one had the same formula as Judi, a bit jelli-ish but SUPER SHINY.
This was 3 coats, no topcoat.




Kristen
 Deep sea teal with silver microshimmer
 This is the only straight up shimmer polish in the bunch, I actually like the abundance of crellies. This is very pretty though. Typical easy application here. This was 2 coats with topcoat.



 
Rooney
 Walnut bark crème
First off I apologize for the blurry pics. I'm still working on my picture technique in my lightbox and a few of these pictures suffered. Sadly Rooney was one of them. This was another crelly, I really do like the squishy appearance of the "cremes" in this collection.
This was three coats, no topcoat




Roc Solid
Vintage military crème
This is another where the pictures are a bit "soft" So I like that they call this colour vintage military instead of vintage military green. So artsy, haha. Same crelly squishy consistancy here.
3 coats, no topcoat 




Glam Roc
 Midnight purple & gold stardust
I love this colour. I don't know if anyone is getting tired of textured polishes but I sure am not. I love them. I see them having a much longer time in the limelight than crackle/shatter.
Anyways this is gorgeous. I love this gorgeous dark purple.
This was 2 coats.





Diamond Theory
Full-coverage multidimensional copper glitter
I just want to mention that I think it's super wonky that a copper coloured glitter would be called Diamond Theory. Actually that being said I really dislike the "Roc Nation" names. That's just me though.
This is two coats over Rooney, with topcoat 




Greta
 Loganberry multidimensional microglitter
First things first... I don't know what colour "Loganberry" is supposed to be. So I googled it. Basically it looks like a long raspberry... it's the same colour as a raspberry. That being said this colour was hard to photograph! It was definitely more pink in some light, but did not want to translate into the pictures.
This was 3 coats.




Love
Gold, pearl & fuchsia microglitter
This was Jane's gift to all mavens, as far as I know the only way to get this polish was to get your February box, I have no clue about the future availability of this polish but it is very pretty. I was actually impressed with how this built up.
This is three coats with topcoat




No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I may not reply I read EVERY comment!