Monday, March 17, 2014

March Bestie Twin Nails Challenge: St. Patrick's Day Manicure

Hey guys,

Alright so week 3 of our March Bestie Twin nails challenge.
Let me preface this by saying this is NOT how I wanted this manicure to turn out. All I wanted was a pretty Pond manicure using shamrock. Slight problem... I don't really own a green jelly, and there in lies my failure. 
I will have to retry doing a pond manicure with a real jelly polish. This wasn't cutting it.

So for the second year in a row here is my sub-par St. Patrick's day manicure


More after the jump


So I thought being kind of sheer that Julep Payton might work.
Well it obviously didn't. I used Island Girl - "Tarzan" as a base color then painted on shamrocks with white polish then brushed on a coat of Payton. Well right away I lost probably half the shamrocks doesn't help that Payton's formulas was thick even after being thinned. So I waited for it to dry and painted on more shamrocks. Then painted another layer of Payton. By now it was clear this wasn't working the way I wanted it to. Payton is just too opaque. So In a last ditch effort I just painted small random shamrocks all over. There are a couple of the original shamrocks showing through. I'm so not a fan of this. My favourite part of this manicure is the stuffed pickle I made in the bottom picture I got to use as a prop.

Shitty Shamrock Nails!



1 comment:

  1. I am into that the pickle matches your nails. Also I still like yours better. Mine don't scream St. Paddy's to me.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I may not reply I read EVERY comment!