Monday, March 3, 2014

March Bestie Twin Nails Challenge: Gradient

Hey guys,

So super exciting news!! My bestest nail polish best friend (that's totally a thing) Melissa from Claw of Cthulhu and I have teamed up to do a March Bestie Twin nails challenge!
We've been wanting to do this for a while, but it took some syncing of schedules, but it's happening!!

So here is how this is going to work. Every Monday we are going to coordinate our manicures. We've chosen 5 different themes, but other than that we have no clue what each other is doing. I'm really excited to see how this goes. Will we be on the same page for any of these or will we be polar opposites? So pumped.

So without further ado, I present you Week 1: Gradient. 



Click for more after the jump also click here to go to Claw of Cthulhu.

So I'm jealous of Melissa's stamping skills because lets face it I can't stamp to save my life. I just get frustrated and am like EFF THIS. I probably just need more practice... sand stamping plates.
So for my gradient manicure I wanted to do something I haven't tried before, which is a rainbow gradient.
Right off the bat I'm going to say I wish the yellow was more opaque. Going back I probably would have redone the nails with the yellow base. 
For this I used
Essie - Lacquered Up
Island Girl - "The Kid", "Ken", "Tarzan", Aloha Girl, "Big D Ritchie"
(yes I still call those polishes by the names I gave them. If you aren't going to put name stickers on the bottom of your bottles then you will feel my wrath MUAHAHAHA.







1 comment:

Even though I may not reply I read EVERY comment!