Wednesday, May 21, 2014

imPRESS Influenster Vox Box

Hey guys,

Today I have something a little bit different for you guys, so like a year and a half ago I signed up for Influenster, which is a program that sends people free samples to review. Honestly I hadn't thought of them much until a few weeks ago when I received a survey in my email. So I filled out the questionnaire and went about my daily life, well about a week later I got a email saying I had been chosen for an imPRESS vox box. So I went onto the influenster website and started playing around and now I am obsessed with them.

I have never tried press on nails before or even fake nails, I have seen these around in stores and used by grav3yardgirl but since I paint my nails daily they seemed like a waste of money. Anyways, I was super excited when I saw I got a set of the Disney Villain ones (it's like they know me!) so those are the ones I decided to test drive. My cinderella hand is super short right now so it seemed like a good time to test them.

Please forgive the awkward pictures I had a hard time taking pictures of my right hand.

In my box I got two sets of nails, the pink patterny ones and the villain ones.





I dig the packaging on these, I am currently thinking of what I am going to use the bottle case for... I'm thinking as a pill case. We'll see.



So the instructions are pretty simple, find the nails that fit each of your fingers and lay them out. Then on clean (they give you a cleaning wipe) bare nails starting with the pinky remove the plastic backing and press down onto your nail, starting in the middle of the nail then sort of smoothing it out. Do the thumb last. Then stay away from water for 30 minutes.

Honestly the longest part of this was finding the right sizes, other than that super easy.
I had to file my nails down a bit because these are way shorter than I normally wear my nails.


The nails all have this sort of plastic square nub on the free edge that you have to file off (they give you a rough file to do this with)  At first they feel a bit weird but it was easy to get used to. The weirdest part for me was having square nails on one hand and stilettos on the other.



So they claim they will last a week if applied correctly, I definitely believe this. I left them on for 6 days then finally had to get rid of them because I couldn't stop nawing on them. After 6 days the edges were getting pretty worn and starting to lift a bit, but you wouldn't have noticed from a far. I had to soak them in acetone for a couple seconds (about ten seconds each) then use my cuticle pusher to pry them up. There didn't appear to be any damage done to my natural nail.
Verdict: if you need a lasting manicure and don't have nice and strong nails and would like to try these I definitely would say they are worth the $10 (give or take a bit) they are so easy to use and come in a bunch of different patterns. If you change your polish often like me, or have long nails like me - then probably not. I wish they would make a longer stiletto shape so I could have nails that match if I decided to try them again.

**Please note this product was provided to me for an honest and unbiased review from Influenster and Broadway Nails**

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of these but I don't think it would work with me - even in a hurry I like painting my nails. My own nails too! And I am really over the square shape - I hope they consider making other nail shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a pretty colour for sure! I've never tried these sort of nails. :-|

    ReplyDelete

Even though I may not reply I read EVERY comment!